Saturday, October 6, 2012

Nostalgia, the younger years

Juggling bills, taking care of a little one and cleaning the house, getting income... know these things? I just want to talk that i bet everyone one minute of their life, they say "wow being young was awesome." I too had that thought.. thinking about horrid school grades and  also how much play time I was going to have before the sun went down. When that thought goes by though I think heck no their some stuff that I don't want to do again.

I loved the old video games and videos though..

So my audience of few and plenty I would like to show you some websites I loved it pokes fun at old games and shows. 
WARNING: The shows on these websites tend to curse a lot, and I have not visit these in a while just thought others would enjoy!!!


Angry Video Game Nerd (www.cinemassacre.com)

Most of the internet has heard of this funny man James Rolfe. His videos I watch all the time few years ago.
His videos first were just NES games and then it went to other games.

Nostalgia critic (thatguywiththeglasses.com)

Nostalgia critic is in a way simliar to AVGN but does videos and has totally different humor, mind you he still curses. Its cool to see some of the movies you watch as a kid being remembered. Its like your brain was just searching and said "hey remember this old movie you watch?"


This is not all I wanted to talk about, is it weird how when we were younger everything we perceived was so much different then something changes. You dont get fascinated by toys doing cool sword swinging moves, or when the next episode of "Bunny McAstronaunt, The Next Hare" is going to come up on your small television.

It seems to me a switch just gets turned. I sucked and still suck at drawing.. but 8 year old me thought I was going to be a cartoonist and it was just going to land in my pocket.. I thought stick figures with way to big pants and carrying baseball bats defeating aliens was a "original" idea, shoot if you thought I was wrong I would turn into a mini hulk and throw a little man fit, maybe some tears.. I was 8 I felt like I could do anything!
I wonder sometimes what happened to it. What if we can get back some of the thoughts of just being happy and wondrous about little things.. would we be happier? Could anything you really wanted to be could happen?

Also with those thoughts we could also be very imaginative, more inventions?? Tell a young kid to tell a story, it could be something that can just make you scratch your head, but hey it was just on the top of their little brains. We did we lose this imagination?


Maybe i'm digging to far into this. It just something awesome about being young and having a little one, I love my son to death and seeing him happy and laugh could not make me any more happier. His laughter can bring a smile on a bad day. I am going to try and be more like a little kid enjoy little things and just not worry about things that don't need to be worried about for the day, I had a problem with this and I know some others probably do too. I challenge whoever is reading this to maybe do the same if stress and worry or something else that can burden you.. just stop take a look around smile at the sun.. breathe in the good air, or dirty air if your city is polluted.

Well this wasnt funny right??? Am I turning into a internet Dr.Phil? Who knows???

More content and other stuff. (Funny, Serious, Everything in between)
Also if you enjoyed this please share! I would be most grateful
This is The Clever Leaf, thinking outside the tree branch.

Much Love Friends
Tyler Leaf
P.S If my grammar is not efficient please point it out. Also would love feedback and comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment